Gracia Josaphat Jobel Mambrasar or better known as Billy Mambrasar is a young Papuan who founded the Kitong Bisa Foundation, that engaged in informal education , providing education for underprivileged children in Papua and West Papua. On November 2019, Billy Mambrasar along with 20 other Papuans established Papua Youth Creative Hub, a business incubator for Papuan entrepreneurs. Billy Mambrasar currently served as one of the 11 Special Staff of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Joko Widodo for the second term (2019-2024).
Billy born in Serui, Yapen Islands Regency, Papua, 17 December 1988, Billy was born to a family with a low economy Yapen Island, Papua Province. Prior to working with the Government, Billy Mambrasar worked as an engineer at the British Oil and Gas Company, British Petrolium. At the company, Billy was part of the engineering team to work on the Tangguh gas project. Billy then resigned from the job, to establish the Kitong Bisa Foundation . Billy Mambrasar also has a business and co-founded several business units with his colleagues, to support the operation of the Kitong Bisa Foundation.
Billy Mambrasar completed his bachelor’s degree in engineering, from the Bandung Institute of, School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering. He then obtained a Masters degree in Business Administration from The Australian National University in 2015. He then pursued his education at Said Business School, University of Oxford. Billy Mambrasar is the first Papuan admitted into Harvard University. In Harvard, He will be pursuing a PhD in the area of education and human centered development.
Billy Mambrasar is also an ambassador for the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs of Indonesia for 2019-2021, appointed by the Minister of the National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS), and has been invited to speak at various forums both nationally and internationally. As an SDGs Ambassador, Billy is actively advocating in national and international seminars to reduce the amount of plastic waste in Indonesia’s oceans. In addition, Billy Mambrasar has also held various business trainings in various places in Indonesia, to encourage the creation of young Papuan entrepreneurs.
Billy Mambrasar is also currently appointed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, to oversee the process of building an entrepreneurship development center in Maluku Province and Papua Province called the Papua Youth Creative Hub as a part of the government effort poverty alleviation and unemployment program in the two provinces.
Accolades and Organization
- Special Staff to the President of the Republic of Indonesia (2019 – present)
- Indonesian representatives for the IYD event as part of the G-20 Conference – 2020
- Indonesian SDGs Ambassadors for the 2019-2021
- LPDP Recipient – East Indonesia Scholarship, PK 128 in 2017
- Indonesian Representative at Youth Assembly, United Nations Central Building, New York, United States (2017)
- World Islamic Economic Forum – Youth Fellow – Singapore (2016)
- Participants of the Fellowship Program of the Young South East Asian Leaders Initiative in the United States (2015) 
- Asia Pacific Youth Organization, LAP, Indonesian Delegate, Malaysia (2015)
- Awardee: Student of the Year in 2015 from The Australian National University (2015)
- Australia Award Scholarship Recipient – Australia (2012)